Description and how to use generic Nolvadex.
Tamoxifen (Nolvadex) is a known antitumor agent antiestrogen which blocks the action of estrogen within tumor cells. The active ingredient of the drug inhibits estrogen action combines with hormone receptors on tumor cells. Tamoxifen is a nonsteroidal agent with marked anti steroids properties. His anti steroids properties are due to its ability to prevent the absorption of estrogen in the target organs. Inhibiting receptors autologous estrogen, the drug inhibits the development of cancer.
Indications for use:
Tamoxifen (Nolvadex) is shown in the following diseases:
- soft tissue sarcoma;
- breast cancer in postmenopausal;
- kidney cancer;
- breast cancer in ?? men;
- ovarian cancer.
Generic Nolvadex is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- feeding period;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug;
- heavy tombotsitopeniya.
Precautions should be taken in such circumstances:
- anovulatory infertility;
- treatment of patients with kidney disease, diabetes;
- ophthalmological diseases;
- prostate cancer resistant to other drugs;
- thromboembolic disorders in the past.
During therapy, tamoxifen should be retested and watch the number of white blood cells, calcium levels and other indicators of coagulation. The drug should not be combined Gormonsoderzhaschie drugs.
Side effects of tamoxifen:
From the gastrointestinal tract:
The central nervous system:
From endocrine system:
- endometrial hyperplasia;
- vaginal bleeding;
- decreased libido.
Dosage and administration:
- The doctor himself adjusts the dose of tamoxifen for each patient individually.
- Usually given 10-40 mg per day, orally, with a little water.
- Interactions with other drugs
Simultaneously with drugs that affect blood clotting, tamoxifen should be used with caution, adjusting the dose. The drug should not be taken without a doctor’s prescription, divide the dose to family members or friends. Reviews of tamoxifen
- Most of the population, taking tamoxifen for the treatment of tumors, note the high efficiency of the drug in the set used selective estrogen receptor modulators. On the preparation can be found a lot of good reviews. Despite the clinical study in which bioavailability and efficacy has been confirmed to date conducted studies involving women in the development of breast cancer for inhibiting the growth of tumors.
- In a review of tamoxifen mentioned cases where a drug that is taken for the treatment of tumors, leads to another, no less serious diseases, such as osteoporosis, inhibiting estrogen in the body. Lack of estrogen also fatal with time, reducing immunity, when even an ordinary flu virus can cause serious harm to the body.